Become a League Member
When you join the San Francisco League, you also become a member of the State and National Leagues. Join the League today to become a part of over 100 years of history in the fight for voting equality. Members can participate in a number of ways, including:
- Support the League’s Voter Service and Advocacy work as a member, volunteer, and/or leader
- Receive regular updates via newsletters and alerts
- Network and learn at special events on key issues
- Meet face-to-face with elected officials
- Observe and report on government activities
- Build leadership skills by serving as an appointed member of a city board or commission
- Expand your research, writing, and communication skills
- Get “on camera” experience by moderating a televised discussion
- Help plan League-sponsored events
- Participate in an in-depth LWVSF study on an issue to arrive at recommendations for consensus or recommendations for action
- As a part of a unique member-based organization, LWVSF members have the opportunity to network with San Francisco change makers
Your gifts are a vital source of support for the League. Help create a vibrant, inclusive, and effective San Francisco democracy. Every dollar goes to support San Francisco League activities.
There is a perfect committee just waiting for you! Find out how you can get involved and make a difference in San Francisco.
Frequently Asked Questions
New to the League or thinking of joining? Want to access the member guide? Learn more on our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page.