We are currently looking to fill positions including:
Vice President of Development, Fundraising Chair, Pro/ Con Guide Chair, Gala Co Chair
Who are we?
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan, multi-issue organization that encourages the informed and active participation of citizens in government. The League works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy. Our chapter in San Francisco has been active for decades, and we pride ourselves on our nature as a member-driven organization.
Who are you?
The LWVSF Board is composed of various members, including the chair-people of the League’s committees. As a whole, the Board is devoted to supporting work to expand voting access and accessibility in the San Francisco community. Serving on the Board will broaden your understanding of San Francisco’s voting system, and give you access to opportunities including researching and analyzing ballot measures, engaging with elected officials and building community partnerships. Board members gain leadership experience through highly visible, meaningful work.
Board members must be able to commit 2-4 hours weekly to Board responsibilities, including a once-monthly board meetings and committee meeting.
We have various positions listed below, but are always excited to speak to interested candidates. Please don’t hesitate to be in touch if you would like to be involved!
Our Board is a dynamic group, representing a diverse set of individuals with enthusiasm and experience in finance, community development, education, communications and law.
Vice President of Development
- Coordinate all development activities with the goal of raising $125K annually
- Develop new funding sources
- Speak at LWVSF events and programs
- Manage Grants Chair, Fundraising Chair, and Gala Co Chairs
- Manage year-end appeal solicitation and other periodic appeals.
- Manage “alumni” appreciation and cultivation program.
- Seek other fundraising opportunities, including corporate, events, planned giving, etc.
- Work with Gala Committee to maximize event
Pro Con Guide Chair
- Manages the Pro Con Guide Committee to produce a non partisan guide to ballot initiatives for each election
- Facilitates distribution, translation, and publication of non partisan Pro Con Guide
Membership Co Chair
- Sustain the organization by promoting the satisfaction of current members, soliciting feedback, actively soliciting new members and communicating with former members
- Orient board to membership responsibilities (fostering ethic that we are all share responsibility for membership growth)
- Coordinate five designated membership events annually
- Manage member database, renewal process, and reporting statistics to national League anually
- Develop prospective member information packets, including periodic updates to the membership brochure and membership section of the website
- Develop LWVSF membership speaking points and materials to be used at all events and programs
- Work with Vice President of Development to maximize connections between members and donors
What is the recruitment process?
Interested candidates submit their resumes, which are reviewed by the Nominating Committee. The nominating committee will then contact them to schedule a meeting to discuss the board expectations in detail, and decide on the most fitting position (if any). Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org! Thank you!
All League News