February 17th Board Meeting
- New Board Member: Ashley James joined our board as the Pro/Con Guide Co-Chair.
- Nominating: Ashley Raveche stepped down from Nominating and was replaced by Juliet Carnoy.
- Advocacy Committee: The Advocacy Committee reported on the Program Planning event, where members voted on prioritizing three areas: 1. Voter Registration 2. Sunshine Task Force 3. Affordable Housing. The board approved the decision to support the recommendation to LWVC for studies on compassionate choice and minimum wage. No vote was taken on LWVSF priorities for the upcoming year.
- Development: Invitations have been sent out for the Women Who Could Be President Gala, which will be held on Thursday March 19, 2015 6:00 – 8:30 pm.
- Legislative Interviews: LWVSF will be conducting the League’s annual Legislative Interviews with our local representatives.
- Voter Services: The committee is working on producing a guide of non-partisan information on candidates running for judiciary offices. The committee is also trying to organize a voter registration event in partnership with the National Coalition of 100 Black Women.
All League News